DH Pace will be attending the 56th Annual ASHE Annual Conference in Baltimore, MD from July 14 through 17, 2019. Plan to visit us in booth #1811 for information about Top Door Alarm® and the FireCheck® Program!
Top Door Alarm®: When Seconds Matter, No Pressure Required
Through its Door Control Services division, DH Pace offers a detection and notification system named Top Door Alarm® to alert caregivers of potential acts of self-harm when a door is used as a ligature point.
Patented under US00864620B2, Top Door Alarm® protects more than 3,000 patient room doors across the nation. Top Door Alarm® uses strategically positioned sensors. These sensors detect any presence between the transmitter and receiver before pressure is ever applied to the door.
In addition, it provides audio and visual notifications to alert staff of a pending act. This provides staff with critical additional time to respond to a self-harm event when seconds can mean the difference between life and death.
Installed at nursing stations, the Top Door Alarm® control panel provides constant patient monitoring. Also, it is connected to an emergency power supply with an internal battery backup to provide continuous power in the event of a power failure.
The Top Door Alarm® Difference
- Offers proactive presence detection
- Customizable for new or retrofit applications
- For use with conventional or pivot hinges
- Alerts staff with audio-visual notifications
- Results in additional response time
For more information or to schedule a demonstration outside of the 2019 ASHE Annual Conference, contact [email protected].
Maintain a Safe Path of Egress with the FireCheck® Program
The FireCheck® program is designed to ensure that fire-rated swinging doors comply with the inspection, testing and documentation requirements of NFPA 80: Standard for Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives; NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code®; International Fire Code (IFC); International Building Code (IBC); and multiple standards and accreditation organization mandates.
Our certified door inspectors identify any critical code-related life safety issues with fire and smoke rated openings and make practical recommendations to assist you in achieving your compliance goals.
The FireCheck® Program
- Priority scheduling and discounted rates on service calls
- NFPA inspection services for fire doors and smoke assemblies; optional to include egress doors
- Optional bar code labeling to visually identify openings
- Summary of any opening deficiencies
- Written inspection report per The Joint Commission/AHJ requirements
For more information, contact [email protected].